Thursday, July 12, 2012

Fire causes light damage

This story was published by The Daily Ypsilanti Press on Saturday, July 8, 1922. Fire believed to have been caused by spontaneous combustion in a store room, filled with bedding and household furniture, caused damage to the amount of about $150 at the home of Mrs. Al Davis, 448 South Washington Street, about 8 o’clock last night. The fire had a good start before it was discovered and the fire department called, and although the bedding made good tinder and shot forth considerable flames and smoke, Chief Miller said this morning that he did not believe the loss to the house and contents would exceed $150. About five o’clock yesterday afternoon the fire department was called to the library on Huron Street where an oil stove was shooting forth flames and threatened the building. The blaze was extinguished, however, without any loss.

No comments: