This story was published by the Ypsilanti Daily Press of Saturday, May 28, 1910.
Fire was discovered in the roof of the M. C. depot this morning about 10 o'clock. The blaze had evidently been smoldering for some time and when it was final discovered had gained a good start. The cause is not known but it is thought to the have been either poorly insulated wires or a heated chimney.
The first fign of the fire was smoke seen rolling up from the roof. Alarm was quickly sounded and the fire department responded and the fire department responded as soon as possible. Effective fighting was rendered difficult on account of the location and about as much damage was done by the water that came through into the depot as by the fire. Several holes were made in the roof and the rafters and wooden supports were almost completely destroyed.
It was about two hours before the fire was extinguished and the building is in such condition this afternoon that an accurate estimate of the loss is impossible.